Thursday, May 17, 2012

Field Report: Toysbar Weekly Shop Tourney 13/5/12

Good day and this is your friendly neighborhood Cardfighter Homura speaking. I know this post is quite long overdue, but yeah, I can't think of anything to write thanks to my work (yes, I'm in my office now and doing this in front of my boss, like a boss, heh!).

This is my first field report of Toysbar tourneys because I haven't been playing there for quite some while due to laziness (cannot wake up too early for registration lol!). So without further ado, here's the report from the tourney that day.

Tournament: Toysbar Weekly Shop Tourney
Date: 13/5/12
Location: Toysbar, Damansara Jaya
No.of Players: 20
Deck Used: Dragonic Overlord - The End
Rounds Played: 4



1st Round vs Jin Hong (Gold Paladin)

I started quite steady, riding all the way from Conroe > Gojo > Nehalem > Overlord. Though I started first, I had a bit of worry since Gold Paladins was able to Superior Ride to Blonde Ezel to catch up with me. However he didn't, and the game went into my favor.

My attacks were quite cautious, slowly nitpicking off his threats while leaving weaker units on field to occupy the Rear Guard slots so that when he hits Limit Break threshold, he can't use it often. Also, my damage output control was quite good, that he wasn't able to hit LB threshold until I rode to The End. Basically a steady play for me, and eventually took him down with 3 big swings (18k, 19k with triggers, 20k)

1-0


Round 2 vs Kae Kwang (Majesty Blasters)

Can't say much about this game, basically his luck was quite bad, unable to hit triggers consistently while mine was quite okay (it should be since I had so much of bad luck yesterday *smirks*). At a point I have to take a 2 Critical Majesty swing because I couldn't afford to spend my hand to guard (where my hand was full of attackers).

I didn't Cross Ride in this game, and my Persona Blast hitting double Criticals (I love you, Blu-Ray Dracokid *lol*) sealed the deal.

2-0


Round 3 vs Sunny Tat (DOTE)

One of the high potential Kagero player in Toysbar, I actually intended to self-appoint him as my successor for Kagero at a point of time (LOL!). This game he was quite persistent and apparently Lady Luck was beside him that day. No matter how much I pummel his Vanguard and Rear Guards, he was still able to find replacements for them.

Well, I can say that I didn't made any mistakes during that game, just that my triggers were nowhere to be found (The Curse of Bushiroad Games...). What to do, I just lost flat like that, eating a Persona Blast from his The End in that crucial timing... And he eventually became 2nd place in the tourney, losing to Majesty Blasters.

2-1


Round 4 vs Shawn Bushido (DOTE)

One of my fellow pure Kagero players, he was also quite a decent player I would say. In this game, I finally managed to Cross Ride early in the game, just that I had Aermo behind The End so I can only hit 19k. But hey, eventually he also rode into The End so it doesn't matter. Bascially we're just trading blows here and there but I had the upper hand thanks to my timely Draw Triggers and Heal Triggers.

Both of us were just waiting for the timing to Persona Blast, and mine came first because he does not have enough guard in his hand to guard a 19k attack against his Burning Horn Dragon (9k). I hit a trigger during the initial Twin Drive, Persona Blasted and hitting another one to win the game.

3-1


Conclusion: Clearly I would say that Toysbar's players were of a higher standard, due to the fact that it was the most active Vanguard shop around the region (no offence to other players and shops!). The competition there was actually very high (no jokes!). And although I can consistently Top 4 there, but getting first place was very hard... In the end, I finished in 3rd place for this tournament.

So there you go, a long overdue tourney report. And I promise, the moment I can think of something to write, I'll immediately write it down. No more overdue stuffs okay? That's all for now, this is Homura signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment